Connect with me on LinkedIn
Interaction & graphic designer and marketer with 9 years of experience.
- Passionate communications professional with nine years of experience in web design & development, graphic design, and marketing for higher education and small business clients.
- Proven ability to conduct user and competitive research & analysis, design positive user experiences, and create digital marketing campaigns that are aligned with organizational goals.
- Strong oral and written communicator who thrives in cross-functional teams.
- Adept at quickly acquiring domain knowledge and staying up-to-date on the latest industry standards and best practices.
- Highly effective at creating, managing, and completing projects on time and within budget, while working in an environment of rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
Kent State University / Multimedia Developer
AUGUST 2012 - PRESENT, KENT, OH
Multimedia Developer – March 2018 - Present
Associate Multimedia Developer – August 2012 - March 2018
- Website administrator, graphic designer, videographer, and digital marketer in the marketing team of a large college of nursing.
- Designed, developed, and maintained web pages, landing pages, complex and secure Drupal-based web applications, and email templates with a focus on usability.
- Worked directly with clients to assess needs, develop requirements, and provide heuristic evaluations.
- Provided quality application support to users.
- Created videos, wrote copy, and designed graphics for a variety of digital channels, including email, social media, advertisements, digital signage, and web pages.
- Designed student recruitment materials, advertisements, and other print materials that closely adhered to brand guidelines.
Kent State University / Web Design Student Assistant
SEPTEMBER 2011 - AUGUST 2012, KENT, OH
- Assisted in the design, development, and maintenance of online courses, public website, and internal web applications.
- Provided quality technical support to faculty.
- Migrated dozens of online courses from Vista to Blackboard Learn and instrumental in designing course template.
- Lead workshops to train faculty on new course management system.
Freelance / Web Designer and Developer, Podcast Consulting
FEBRUARY 2009 - AUGUST 2012, KENT, OH
- Designed and developed websites for small businesses and startups. Formed multiple podcasts and internet radio stations.
- Consulted podcasters and internet radio DJs.
Kent State University / BS, Digital Sciences
DECEMBER 2016, KENT, OH
Concentration in Digital Systems Interaction (interaction design). Coursework focused on user experience, human factors, visual design, design thinking, web development, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Competencies + Skills
Web Design + Development
HTML, CSS/Sass, JS/jQuery, PHP, SQL; Responsive design; Accessibility; Drupal, WordPress; Information architecture; Usability testing; SDLC.
Market research, user research, sketching, prototyping, user testing, iterative design, deployment, analysis.
Content + Media Creation
Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and Audition; Video and audio production and post-production; Graphic design; Qualtrics; Writing; Editing.
Content strategy; Social media management; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite; Constant Contact, Luminate; Google Adwords, Facebook Ads; Google Analytics; SEO; Blogging.
Windows, macOS, Linux; Microsoft Office; Management; Leading training workshops.